- ticket title
- R & B Hall of Fame to Honor Cathy Hughes
- TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW FOR THE RHYTHM AND BLUES HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY-JUNE 11TH, 2017 AT THE DETROIT MUSIC HALL
- AN OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM RHYTHM & BLUES HALL OF FAME
- R&B Hall of Famers Headline ‘Legends’ Concert at Upland’s Highlander Auditorium
- Dionne Warwick Inducted Into The R&B Hall of Fame
A musical tribute to Motown and Prince are among the highlights of an event honoring rhythm and blues musicians this summer in Dearborn
The Official Rhythm & Blues Music Hall of Fame 2016 induction ceremony will take place Aug. 21 at the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center.
Mary Wilson of the legendary Motown group The Supremes will host the ceremony and also see her former group among the inductees.
The event will showcase the best of R&B music history with special musical tributes to Motown and from Motown legends. Taking the stage this year will be R&B soul group The Dramatics featuring Willie Ford and 2016 inductees Dionne Warwick, Eddie Holman and Eddie Floyd.
The night also will feature musical salutes to Prince and Jimi Hendrix.
The 2016 inductees include Prince, Smokey Robinson, Fats Domino, Jimi Hendrix, Dionne Warwick, Bootsy Collins, Bobby Brown, Sam & Dave, Eddie Holman, Eddie Floyd, The Velvelettes and Bettye LaVette.
The red carpet arrivals for the black-tie event begin at 5 p.m. followed at 6 by the ceremony.
Tickets range from $25 to $100 and can be purchased at dearborntheater.com, the Ford Center box office and by calling 313-943-2354.
The organization’s goal is to build a permanent home that would showcase the history of rhythm and blues. Visit rbhalloffame.com to learn more about the museum.