- ticket title
- R & B Hall of Fame to Honor Cathy Hughes
- TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW FOR THE RHYTHM AND BLUES HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY-JUNE 11TH, 2017 AT THE DETROIT MUSIC HALL
- AN OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM RHYTHM & BLUES HALL OF FAME
- R&B Hall of Famers Headline ‘Legends’ Concert at Upland’s Highlander Auditorium
- Dionne Warwick Inducted Into The R&B Hall of Fame
DEARBORN (AP) — A musical tribute to Motown and Prince are among the planned highlights of an event honoring rhythm and blues musicians this summer in suburban Detroit.
The Official Rhythm & Blues Music Hall of Fame 2016 induction ceremony has been scheduled for Aug. 21 at Dearborn’s Ford Community and Performing Arts Center. Organizers say the scheduled host is Mary Wilson, whose former group, The Supremes, is among the inductees.
Other inductees include Prince, Smokey Robinson, Fats Domino, Jimi Hendrix, Dionne Warwick, Bootsy Collins and Bettye LaVette.
The organization’s goal is to build a permanent home that would showcase the history of rhythm and blues.
For more information click here www. detroit.cbslocal.com
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.