- ticket title
- R & B Hall of Fame to Honor Cathy Hughes
- TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW FOR THE RHYTHM AND BLUES HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY-JUNE 11TH, 2017 AT THE DETROIT MUSIC HALL
- AN OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM RHYTHM & BLUES HALL OF FAME
- R&B Hall of Famers Headline ‘Legends’ Concert at Upland’s Highlander Auditorium
- Dionne Warwick Inducted Into The R&B Hall of Fame
POSTED 5:09 PM, APRIL 22, 2016, BY KELSEY OTT
DETROIT — Prince will be added to the Rhythm & Blues Music Hall of Fame, the organization announced Friday. He will be inducted in August as part of the 2016 class. Other 2016 inductees include Smokey Robinson, Donnie Warwick, Bobby Brown, Cathy Hughes, Jimi Hendrix, Boosty Collins, Sam & Dave and The Supremes.
“Prince was a bigger then life for almost 40 years!” founder and CEO LaMont Robinson said in a statement. “Despite the many talented peers he had, it was His Royal Musical Mind which is what made the world pay attention to his music. Prince was a genius in every sense of the word that could play 29 instruments. He is in a class all by himself.”
A museum is being built for the Hall of Fame, and Prince will be the main exhibit, the organization said.