- ticket title
- R & B Hall of Fame to Honor Cathy Hughes
- TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW FOR THE RHYTHM AND BLUES HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY-JUNE 11TH, 2017 AT THE DETROIT MUSIC HALL
- AN OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM RHYTHM & BLUES HALL OF FAME
- R&B Hall of Famers Headline ‘Legends’ Concert at Upland’s Highlander Auditorium
- Dionne Warwick Inducted Into The R&B Hall of Fame
The Official R&B Music Hall of Fame will be built in Detroit
The traveling museum has exhibits on 68 R&B artists and producers such as The Temptations, James Brown, and Little Richard.
Former Harlem Globetrotter LaMont “Showboat” Robinson founded the museum in 2010. He says it was always his plan to place the museum in Detroit.
“I could have went anywhere; Chicago, St. Louis,” Robinson says. ”Here in the north I put a check on the table. But I kind of pushed it back because I wanted Detroit. And the reason why I wanted Detroit is because Detroit is the rhythm and blues capital of the world.”
Robinson says the inductees for the third annual Rhythm and Blues Music Hall of Fame ceremony will include Aretha Franklin and Ray Charles.
The ceremony will be held at the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History on October 4th.
WDET is proudly supported by