- ticket title
- R & B Hall of Fame to Honor Cathy Hughes
- TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW FOR THE RHYTHM AND BLUES HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY-JUNE 11TH, 2017 AT THE DETROIT MUSIC HALL
- AN OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM RHYTHM & BLUES HALL OF FAME
- R&B Hall of Famers Headline ‘Legends’ Concert at Upland’s Highlander Auditorium
- Dionne Warwick Inducted Into The R&B Hall of Fame
November 3, 2014
Clarksdale is ground zero for Delta blues, America’s music, and now the city will be home to the Official Rhythm and Blues Music Hall of Fame. The announcement was made Friday at Morgan Freeman’s Ground Zero club, reported the Clarksdale Press Register.
The city beat out Jackson, Detroit and Memphis for the honor.
Lamont Robinson, founder and CEO of the Hall of Fame was in town to make the announcement. The Hall will be inside a city-owned building that used to be the Greyhound bus station.
Clarksdale is home to Ike Turner, Muddy Waters, Sam Cooke and many other influential musicians. It is also home to the Delta Blues Museum.
– See more at: www.newsms.fm